Direct 519-328-4963

Share This Page

Agent Blogs

Julie Jenkins -
Julie Jenkins
Broker of Record
Read Julie Jenkins's Blog Contact Julie Jenkins Go to Julie Jenkins's Website Follow Julie Jenkins on Facebook Follow Julie Jenkins on LinkedIn Follow Julie Jenkins on YouTube Follow Julie Jenkins on Google+ Follow Julie Jenkins on Pinterest

Your team

Updated Monday, July 2, 2012
Views (2513)


I found this article on the CMHC  website and though it is geared to newcomers to Canada, it is also relevant for first time home buyers.
Who you need on your team
Buying a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. So when it comes time to signing on the dotted line, make sure you don’t make that decision alone. To help you put together the right team of professionals, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) offers the following who’s-who list of experts and what they should bring to the table:
 Real estate agent. Among other services, your real estate agent will help you ind a home, write an Offer of Purchase, negotiate a purchase on your behalf and save you a considerable amount of time, trouble and headaches. When choosing the agent you want to work with, don’t be afraid to ask questions or call your
local real estate association for advice.
 Lender or mortgage broker. Many different institutions lend money for mortgages, including banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, pension funds, insurance companies and inance companies. It can be a good idea to shop around and speak with more than one lender before you make a choice. Many
Canadians choose to work with a mortgage broker because mortgage brokers don’t work for any specific lending institution, they can often help you ind a mortgage with terms and rates that will suit your needs.
 Lawyer (or notary in Quebec). A lawyer can help protect your legal interests by ensuring the property is clear of liens, charges or clean-up orders and will review all contracts before you sign them and your Offer (or Agreement) to Purchase. Make sure your lawyer or notary is a licensed, full-time professional who understands
the local laws and regulations, has reasonable fees and can explain things to you in plain language.
 Home inspector. When considering purchasing a home, you should hire a knowledgeable and professional home inspector. He or she will be able to tell you if something in the home is not functioning properly, what repairs need to be done and whether there may have been any problems in the past.
 Insurance broker. An insurance broker will help you with property and mortgage life insurance. Your lender can also help you with mortgage life insurance.
 Appraiser. An appraiser will assess your property’s worth and help protect you from paying too much.  Land surveyor. You may need the services of a land surveyor if the seller does not have a current Survey or Certiicate of Location.
For more housing information, please contact Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation. Website:
Note: CMHC is not responsible for any errors in this document or for the consequences of any persons relying on it.
Julie Jenkins
Sales Representative
EXIT Realty Twin Bridges Brokerage
Office: 519-336-3948
Choosing the Right Realtor does make a difference

Add a Comment

Fields marked with "*" are required to process your form.

Allowed XHTML tags : a, b, i, strong, code, acrynom, blockquote, abbr. Linebreaks will be converted Automatically.

Julie Jenkins

Julie Jenkins